The Neigbhourhood Charitable Alliance Inc. (the “NCA”), is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information. Therefore, we follow the principles of the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the PIPEDA), is federal privacy legislation that applies to organizations in Canada that collect, use or disclose personal information in the course of a commercial activity. Specified exceptions include business contact information and certain publicly available information including information appearing in a telephone book and in professional or business directories or listings, where the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information relate directly to the purpose for which it appears in the directory or listing.
Personal information is information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual.
Personal information we collect
The personal information that NCA generally collects includes: name, address, telephone number, email address, donation amount, and banking or credit card information. We handle all personal information in accordance with this policy.
How we use your personal information
Personal information may be provided to us through correspondence, online donations, pledge cards, conference or meeting registrations, or other forms of communication. Such information may be recorded for the purpose of processing and receipting a donation, thanking or recognizing a contribution, registering your participation in a conference or other event, contact prize winners (if applicable), maintaining records of all contributions pursuant to the requirements of applicable laws, regulations, court orders, or the Canada Revenue Agency, contact you for support of involvement in the NCA, or responding to your information requests.
Sharing your personal information
Personal information may also be communicated according to the stated purpose for which you provided the information to NCA. This policy applies to the handling of personal information by NCA whether such information is provided directly by you, or through generic forms or processes under our auspices. If you provided information in relation to an activity of, or a donation to, NCA, you may wish to contact us for further details of our policies or practices related to privacy and use.
NCA will not provide or share your personal information with third parties unless:
- you authorize us to share the information;
- sharing the information is necessary to process a donation, for example, to process a credit card transaction; or,
- we are required to do so by law.
Refusal and Withdrawal of Consent
You have the option to refuse the collection of personal information and, subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, to withdraw your consent to the continued use and disclosure by the NCA, of personal information previously collected. You may withdraw your consent by writing to the Privacy Officer at the coordinates provided below. Please note that such refusal or withdrawal may render us unable to provide you with certain programs, services and information offered by the NCA.
Access to your Information
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal information about you, see that information and ensure that it is accurate. Personal information is maintained at the offices of the NCA, at the address below. If you would like to access your personal information, or have any questions about the protection of your privacy, please contact:
Neighbourhood Charitable Alliance Inc.
50 Main Street East, Kingsville, Ontario, N9Y 1A2
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting NCA’s Privacy Officer, and, subject to any legal constraints, we will comply with your request within a reasonable time. NCA has in place measures to respect the confidentiality of personal information and protects personal information by safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Access to personal information is granted based on need, only to those authorized volunteers and agents whose duties require access for NCA purposes.
E-mail and Website
- you have the power and authority to accept the terms of this Policy and to enter into this agreement with us;
- that you are capable of assuming, and do assume, any risks related to the use of the websites and their content;
- that you understand and accept the terms, conditions and risks relating to their use;
- if you are dissatisfied with the websites or their content, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop using the websites; and,
- you acknowledge that the website is controlled by NCA whose office is within the Province of Ontario, Canada. By accessing the site, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Sites shall be governed by the statutes and laws of the Province of Ontario or the federal laws of Canada, as applicable, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. You and NCA also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of Ontario or the federal courts of Canada, as applicable, with respect to any and all matters arising in connection with your use of the website.